Saturday, April 21, 2012

California

Well Anna, my Mom and I just got back from the sunshine state. You remember that "vacation package" I won at work? Well, that was a bust. It ended up only being a voucher for two nights in a hotel, and enough money to almost buy two tickets to Disneyland for one day. When I say almost I mean they gave me a gift card for $152, but the tickets cost $80 each, so it was short $8 for the second ticket. Well anyway, we had quite a bit of fun here are some of the pictures:

SLC airport 5:30 am. (a little too early)
 This is our "Transformer Convertible"
 Unfortunately I didn't get the Mustang, but this was acceptable.
 It really was amazing. Stupid German Engineering.


 We got into town a little early so we did a bit of site seeing: The Crystal Cathedral  
 Beautiful building,
 Creepy Statues
 I don't know if you can zoom close enough to Jesus' face but it is creepy....
 All the people who paid for this building and its creepy statues got a lovely plaque with their favorite scripture. There were hundreds of these plaques.
 I like to call this one Jesus rockin out with his sheeps.
 And then there was the silver baby Jesus.... I think that speaks for its self. hint: zoom in.
 Joseph seems a little frightened too!!
 and just in case you didn't get it the first time... Jesus has been dipped in silver!!!
 This was a prayer room, it was actually very pretty there were marble columns of different colors all around the room, with this laser etched crystal Jesus in the middle. His fingers were broken off which I thought was weird, but I'm sure that wasn't intentional.
 This was the least creepy statue of them all, but still a bit strange. All the characters in this one had Native American hair except for the lone black kid to the left. 
 Then we made our way over to the beach, it was pretty, but I must say, stinky!


 After the beach we had to go to Bubba Gump Shrimp. It was very good. 
 Our day with Disney:
Guess who forgot the gift card?!?!
That's right, it was me... So after we had walked from our hotel all the way to Disneyland, Anna and I got to go right back and get the gift card back at the hotel. 
 Well we finally made it in. Rode some rides, had some fun. Didn't really see any characters. Only Mary Poppins. 
 Its a Small World: WORST RIDE EVER!!! Talk about creepy.
Sorry that picture insists on being sideways.
So of course Anna insisted on taking pictures of it. 
 Minney Mouse's house

 And Mickey's house



 Friday we went to Six Flags, and it was a lot of fun. It was 100 degrees though, and for those who don't know this park is situated on a mountain side, so its quite the trek to any of the rides, but it was not busy at all so we got to ride quite a few rides. 
Overall I think we all had fun. If nothing else it was good to get away from the everyday for just a couple days. 

4 comments:

paula said...

You crack me up! It looks like you gals had a great time. It's about damn time you update your blog. That car looks fun-didn't you feel so cool? Come hang out today-me and the kids are solo-JD is fishing. Would love to see you.

Love Bubba Gump's! We eat at it anytime we are in a city that has one. LOVE IT. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it. Did your waiter do all the fun Forest Gump trivia with you? I kick ass at that-you know it's my FAVORITE movie.

susie said...

Looks like a fun time, love all of you pretty ladies!

Whitney said...

How do you go to Minnie and Mickey's houses and NOT get pictures with them?! You are crazy. I love Disneyland and I can't wait to take Katie!

WonderKitty said...

Looks like you had a pretty good time! I would love to do disneyland with just my mom. Sounds like a blast. How did your new camera work out? Are all these pictures yours?