Um, so yeah. I hate my math teacher with a fury of a thousand fires. He has literally got to be the worst teacher in the world. Okay, I'm being a little dramatic but I'm serious, he is the worst teacher I have ever had my entire educational experience. I wish that I could actually get across to someone that matters this point, and they wouldn't let him teach anymore. I understand that he has a minor degree in math, but that doesn't mean you know how to teach worth a damn.
My boss is actually in this class with me and she hates him just as much as I do, and the worst part is I hear other people in my class, during class, saying how much they hate him and how he can't teach. Seriously, how long can this go on? Now I know that 1050 is an intense class, and that it takes a lot of work, but seriously like 8 hours of homework a week plus 5 projects in a semester, how is anyone supposed to keep up with this class? Unless it is your job and you have no life outside of school is this even possible?
Plus, my friends, the best part is that he grades every problem on the homework......Really? What a waste of my time and his. Are we in elementary school here? Obviously if we don't do well on the test we aren't learning what we need to so tell me what is the point of grading the homework except to under mind our time? Every math teacher I have ever had has never put that much stock on the homework, homework is meant for practice and to teach.....and its never even worth that much of your grade.
Okay sorry I'm rambling I"m just really irritated with the fact that I have put in so many hours for this class and am still in danger of failing. Hooray for school!!!! I can't wait for summer semester to come around.
3 comments:
I am sorry your teacher sucks. That is the worst, especially for math.
I am sorry. I am sure you wont fail. I'm not worried. You'll pull it off somehow!
I never had a math teacher in college that graded every single homework assignment....totally agree with you about that point.
There is a way you can get thru to the administration about this but it will take some work. When I was in college, one of the teachers who taught one of the classes REQUIRED in my program SUCKED at it. One semester the students in her class went to the administration with a petition that they had all signed stating that they wanted their money back and an opportunity to take the class with an instructor who was capable of teaching it. It worked. They all got to take the class again for no cost with an instructor who knew what she was doing. This was a major defeat....considering that the instructor they were speaking out about was the "director" of the entire program....OUCH.
If the majority of the class really thinks his teaching method isn't working with anyone....it's your responsibility and obligation to let the administration know. Math is tricky....you have one crappy teacher along the way and you're screwed. Think of all the other students you will be saving too!
Post a Comment